DownsSteam - Open Day
|From:||Saturday 01 September 2018|
|To:||Saturday 01 September 2018|
|Time:||9:00am - 03:00pm Saturday 01 September 2018|
|Location:||DownsSteam tourist railway & museum, Cambooya Street, Drayton, Queensland 4350 Australia|
DownsSteam Tourist Railway & Museum invites you to our next Drayton station and workshop precinct "open day", on the first Saturday of the month. Check out just how much progress is being made by our dedicated volunteers and see why DownsSteam is becoming a major Toowoomba tourist attraction.
### September Open Day Special Events: TBA. ###
* Explore our family friendly precinct with one of our knowledgeable volunteer tour guides; learn more about the history of DownsSteam, our current rollingstock restoration work and exciting upcoming rail tours.
* Relax in one of the former QR "sunlander" club and lounge coaches, for a small sample of the upcoming Great Divide Scenic Railway - "DownsSteam Winelander" experience.
* Check out the ongoing restoration of the “Pride of Toowoomba” – Steam Locomotive #106, proudly built at the Toowoomba Foundry in 1915 and now the only remaining C16 class steam locomotive. After a little more than a century and over a million miles of steaming across Queensland rails, this once proud steam engine has found its way back home and into the hands of our dedicated team of volunteer craftsmen.
* Marvel at our former Tasmanian DP class railmotor as our skilled volunteers continue to raise it from the ashes of an arson attack. When completed, the “Gatsby Flyer’s” tastefully decorated art deco inspired interior will provide nostalgic fun on short tours across the Downs.
* Discover the unique Dreamtime Carriage art exhibit by the talented Aboriginal/Italian artist "Dom", and be fully immersed in your living colour journey as Dom's recorded audio commentary guides you through a day in the dreamtime.
* Enjoy our beautiful award winning gardens and surrounds
* Visit our DownsSteam Station shop with train memorabilia for all ages
DownsSteam is run entirely by volunteers and is dedicated to the establishment of a tourist railway for Toowoomba and the Darling Downs.
07 4630 2358
|Entry charges - Adult||Donation|
|Entry charges - Child||Donation|
|Entry charges - Concession||Donation|
|Entry charges - Family||Donation|
|Is food and drink available?||Yes|
|Are toilets available?||Yes|
|Is there disabled access?||Yes|