|From:||Saturday 22 August 2020|
|To:||Saturday 22 August 2020|
|Time:||9:00am - 04:00pm Saturday 22 August 2020|
|Location:||Crows Nest Community Hall (Copy), William St, Crows Nest, Qld 4355 Australia|
Is mixing colours a bit of a mystery to you?
Can't seem to get the colour you want or just end up with a mess?
Well here's the workshop for you. Come along and enjoy playing with colour and finding out how it all works.
COLOUR WORKSHOP – Tutor Local Artist Bill Morton
Beginners to Intermediate
This will be an introductory level course on colour suitable for beginner to intermediary level. It is recommended for people wishing to learn more about colour; as such it will provide a good general overview to colour for all easel painting.
Topics covered will be such as basic concepts, terms, colour systems, colour charts, all as a lead in to all important techniques/principles of colour mixing. This practical aspect will look closely at the family of greens. This is as they apply in the Australian context where greens have proved to be one of the most difficult of all the colour families. Also included are the all important earth colours. To be considered in some depth is their key role in colour mixing.
This is then followed by an exercise of a simple landscape painting that looks at how the above issues apply to ‘hands on’ painting technique.
For Oils and Acrylics. Watercolour too, though there are differences that need to be accommodated for that medium. (Ask Bill)
1. COLOURS: Bring your normal colours, PLUS 2 or 3 earth reds, 2 earth yellows and 2 earth umbers (optional)
2. Bring your usual paint kit i.e. brushes, medium, solvent. i.e. for oils – mineral turps; palette, bowls for turps and medium, tissues and/or kitchen paper roll towel, and/or non synthetic rags, palette knife.
3. 2 or 3 canvas boards (or canvasses) say; 16” x 20” or 18” x 24”
4. Pencil, tape measure and ruler – handy to have so are optional.
5. Notepad and pen; and mobile or other camera.
6. A drawing or photo reference to work from – a SIMPLE landscape study with a tree.
A COLOUR POOL will be available – in oils and acrylics. In the event you are missing a colour or two then the Colour Pool is to give access to all the most used colours for an extra nominal fee of $12 per person per day if needed.
|Entry charges - Adult||$30|
|Contact organisation||Artist’s of Crows Nest|
|Is food and drink available?||Yes|
|Are toilets available?||Yes|
|Is there disabled access?||Yes|