Disability Action Week Community Festival
|From:||Saturday 14 September 2019|
|To:||Saturday 14 September 2019|
|Time:||10:00am - 03:00pm Saturday 14 September 2019|
|Location:||Toowoomba Civic Square, 155 Herries Street, Toowoomba, QLD|
Interested in participating?
The Regional Access & Disability Advisory Committee is finalising preparations for the festival and are calling on all interested community groups, businesses and service providers to complete and submit an Expression of interest application before 5pm on 9 August.
Date: 10am – 3pm, Saturday 14 September
Locations: Toowoomba City Library Civic Precinct & City Annex
- The festival will kick off at 10am with community panel discussions followed by the guest speaker Dr Dinesh Palipana in the City Annex.
- Outside entertainment will commence from 11am in the Civic Precinct with stallholders, live entertainment and a petting zoo.
- 'Emerge' will be onsite providing catering and will be cooking up a free sausage sizzle from 12pm – 2pm.
- 'Ben & Co' will be on hand for your coffee needs and will be providing a free medium sized coffee from 12pm – 1pm.
- Disability awareness activities will start from 2pm and conclude at 3pm in the multi-purpose room on level 3 Toowoomba City Library.
- 9.30am: Annex doors open
- 10.30am: Community panel 1 commences
- 11.30am: Community panel 2 commences
- 12.30pm: Community panel 2 concludes with short 15 minute break
- 12.45pm: Guest speaker commences
- 1.45pm: Guest speaker concludes
Toowoomba Library Civic Precinct
- 9am: Stallholders & petting zoo set up
- 11am: Outside events commence
- 12pm – 2pm: Free sausage sizzle
- 12pm – 1pm: Free coffee
- 12pm – 3pm: Stallholders, live performances and petting zoo
- 2pm – 3pm: Disability awareness activities
155 Herries Street
|Entry charges - Adult||Free|
|Entry charges - Child||Free|
|Contact phone||131 872|
|Contact organisation||Toowoomba Regional Council|
|Is food and drink available?||Yes|
|Are toilets available?||Yes|
|Is there disabled access?||Yes|