Travelling Film Festival: Toowoomba
|From:||Monday 20 January 2020|
|To:||Sunday 08 September 2019|
|Time:||12:00am - Monday 20 January 2020|
|Location:||Toowoomba Strand Cinemas, Margaret Street, Toowoomba, Qld 4350 Australia|
The Travelling Film Festival (TFF), the regional tour of Sydney Film Festival, will return to Toowoomba from 6—8 September 2019. The program will showcase six incredible feature films and four fascinating documentaries direct from the 66th Sydney Film Festival, at Toowoomba Strand Cinema.
Opening Night: Friday 6 September
- Standing Up for Sunny - Breaking Bad’s RJ Mitte stars in this charming Australian rom-com about a loner with cerebral palsy who is roped into helping a comedian (Philippa Northeast) overcome her shyness.
Saturday 7 September
- The Final Quarter - Cheers turned to boos in the final years of AFL champion footballer Adam Goodes' career when he publicly called out racism. This impassioned film tracks Australia's heated response.
- Honeyland - Winner of the World Cinema Grand Jury Prize at Sundance 2019, Honeyland is a sumptuous, poetic and funny portrait of a female beekeeper in the remote Macedonian countryside.
- The Heart Dances - The re-imagining of the iconic feature, The Piano, by two Czech dancers working with the Royal New Zealand Ballet: uncharted territory for all involved.
- Parasite - Winner of the 2019 Sydney Film Prize and Palme d'Or, renowned Korean director Bong Joon-ho’s follow-up to Okja (SFF 2017) is a thrilling, satirical take on income inequality as told through two families.
Screens with short film Doug the Human.
- Never Look Away - Inspired – controversially – by the life of German artist Gerhard Richter, this Oscar-nominated epic, from the director of The Lives of Others, recounts a remarkable love story.
Sunday 8 September
- Emu Runner - In an outback NSW town a young Indigenous girl forms a very special bond with a wild emu, in a unique Australian story of love and loss.
- Screens with short film Elders.
- Vai - With fabulously rich storytelling from the South Pacific: the imaginary figure Vai is every woman of every age. A beautifully crafted portmanteau feature by nine women filmmakers.
- Bellbird - This quietly powerful feature debut, told with warm humour, takes us into the heart of a farming community in New Zealand, and features a standout performance from Marshall Napier (Babe).
- Screens with short film Prone to the Drone.
- Kursk - Matthias Schoenaerts, Colin Firth and Léa Seydoux star in director Thomas Vinterberg’s (The Commune, SFF 2016) gripping account of the K-141 Kursk submarine disaster in 2000.
Travelling Film Festival Toowoomba
Friday 6 September – Sunday 8 September, 2019
Toowoomba Strand Cinema, 163 Margaret St, Toowoomba QLD 4350
$14.50 Adult / $12.50 Concession / $10 Student/Kids
SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE:
9-FILM FULL SUBSCRIPTION: $85.50 Adult / $76.50 Concession
HOW TO BOOK: Book tickets online in advance at sff.org.au/tff/program/toowoomba
For ticket enquiries please contact Sydney Film Festival on 02 8220 6600 or contact the cinema box office.
|Entry charges - Adult||$14.50 (single)|
|Entry charges - Child||$10 (single)|
|Entry charges - Concession||$12.50 (single)|
|Is food and drink available?||Yes|
|Are toilets available?||Yes|
|Is there disabled access?||Not applicable|