MS Swimathon Toowoomba 2019
|From:||Saturday 16 November 2019|
|To:||Saturday 16 November 2019|
|Time:||12:00am - Saturday 16 November 2019|
|Location:||MS Swimathon Toowoomba, Lot 9, Community Ct, Toowoomba, Toowoomba, QLD 4350|
It’s time! The MS Swimathon is back and ready for you to make splash. Sponsored by friends, family and work colleagues, the MS Swimathon encourages people to form teams of at least 6 who will participate in a 12 hours relay.
The Swimathon is not limited to competitive or professional swimmers, but to anyone and everyone whether they swim freestyle, breaststroke, sidestroke, or even doggy paddle. It is all about participation!
MS Queensland’s Swimathon raises money to support the thousands of Queenslanders living with MS. Giving them MS access to support services including service coordination, physiotherapy, counselling and mindfulness. Helping them to stay mobile, feel more confident and live independently with their MS.
To ensure the day runs smoothly, here are some guidelines for how the event will work:
- Teams must have a minimum of 6 swimmers
- Each swimmer must have one swimmer in the pool at all times
- Only one swimmer per team is allowed in the pool at the same time
- It is the team’s responsibility to create a team roster and decide how long each member spends in the pool
- Teams need to count their own laps (a tally sheet will be provided). The lap tally will be recorded every hour by an MS Queensland representative.
- Swimmers are permitted to use floatation devices and swimming aids (e.g. fins/flippers, kick boards, noodles and wetsuits) except during the Hours of Power (unless approved by the Swimathon Director).
- We love to see teams getting into the spirit of the day – wear fancy dress, decorate your team retreat, or even create a team chant – it’s up to you!
- HAVE FUN! Healthy competition is important, but raising dollars for people with MS is the reason we hold these events, so don’t forget to relax and enjoy the day!
Attend our very special pool party and join MS Queensland in the swim to fight MS. The MS Swimathon is the perfect event to enjoy time with family and friends and spend the day by the pool.
SIGN UP today at msswimathon.com.au and help raise as much money as you can to ensure no one has to face MS alone.
Lot 9, Community Ct, Toowoomba
|Entry charges - Adult||$25 - $35|
|Entry charges - Family||$45 - $90|
|Entry charges - Student||$10 - $25|
|Contact phone||07 3840 0812|
|Contact organisation||MS Queensland|
|Is food and drink available?||Not applicable|
|Are toilets available?||Not applicable|
|Is there disabled access?||Not applicable|