|From:||Friday 14 May 2021|
|To:||Friday 14 May 2021|
|Time:||7:45pm - 10:45pm Friday 14 May 2021|
|Location:||North Toowoomba Bowls Club, Cnr Elworthy & Lemnos Sts, Toowoomba, Qld 4350 Australia|
The scene was the Brisbane City Hall - one of the Lord Mayors free concerts.
At midday, five men walked onto the stage. They were Joe Howman, Trumpet, Sam Pace Piano, Hal Chambers, bass, Barry Sutton, drums and Wayne Moore,, trombone. They started with Midnight in Moscow and went from there entreating some 2,000 people with great Jazz. The applause was tremendous and the band, dubbed “The Jazz Legends", received a standing ovation at the end of their concert.
The Jazz Legends will appear at the Toowoomba Jazz Club on May 14, starting at 7.45pm and playing through to 10.45.
A perfect scene for dancing (fingers crossed it is allowed!!!) or just enjoying good Jazz.
Trombonist and vocals, Wayne Moore has spent many hours writing arrangements for tunes not previously heard in Queensland and includes a couple of original compositions from Wayne. So, a night of dancing, listening, mystery and fun amongst friends.
Barry Sutton is not able to attend so Bill White will be on drums. After Jazz Legends last gig in Toowoomba, the musicians commented about Bill’s drumming, saying they really loved his playing and are looking forward to playing with him again.
Joe Howman has played in many big bands in Brisbane as lead trumpet and sings a good song. Hal Chandler studies bass at the Con and is by far the youngest member of the band. Sam Pace has done many things including teaching piano at the Con in Mackay. Wayne Moore has played all over the planet and has done many gigs in Toowoomba including the Jazz Society, the City Golf Club and Music Fest.
Come along to a COVID safe environment, let your “hair down” and enjoy a great night.
Please read the essential details below for COVID safe procedures and booking.
- Start time is 7.45pm
- YOU WILL NEED TO BOOK. To do this please text Michele Alroe AFTER THE 30th April and she will ring you back and confirm your booking for your group. Phone Number: 0408 282 007.
- You will need to sign in with a QR code at the Bowls Club. Please ask for help if you are not sure how to do this. One person from the group can add extra people and just need to sign in once.
Please allow some extra time to do this when you arrive.
- If you can please bring exact money for your entry that would be appreciated. Change will be available and the bowls club has an ATM.
- You will get a lucky door ticket
- You will be able to enjoy great jazz music and a night out with your friends!!
Admission to Jazz (Pay at the door on the night):
- $20 for visitors
- $15 for members (you can join on the night) (Please bring correct change)
Meals will be available at the BOWLS CLUB on Friday nights, provided by the well renowned Dee's Vintage Thai on Ruthven Street and delivered to the bowls club. The menu will change monthly and can be found on the bowls club website under events.
- All dishes are only $15.00 and CASH ONLY payment.
- To order, you must call Dee’s restaurant on 4632 5125 or 0412 105 269 BEFORE 4.30PM ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
- Let them know if you would like your meal for 6pm, or 6.30pm.
- Meals will be kept hot for late arrivals but all meals must be served by no later than 7.00 pm.
Cnr Elworthy & Lemnos Sts
07 4639 2338
|Entry charges - Adult||$20|
|Entry charges - Concession||$15 Members|
|Entry charges - Group||$15 for 10 or more|
|Contact phone||0408 282 007|
|Contact organisation||Toowoomba Jazz Society|
|Is food and drink available?||Yes|
|Are toilets available?||Yes|
|Is there disabled access?||Yes|