Caxton Street Jazz Band hosted by Toowoomba Jazz Society
|From:||Friday 30 September 2022|
|To:||Friday 30 September 2022|
|Time:||7:45pm - 10:45pm Friday 30 September 2022|
|Location:||North Toowoomba Bowls Club, Cnr Elworthy & Lemnos Sts, Toowoomba, Qld 4350 Australia|
Regarded as one of Australia's top bands playing in the hot jazz style, the Caxton Street Jazz Band has been entertaining audiences for 45 years with their crisp arrangements and tight ensemble playing.
Their broad repertoire spans the classic jazz years, from the 1920s to the 1950s, and includes mainstream, swing, trad/New Orleans revival and blues. Adding variety to the performances are the fine vocals of
- Bernice Haydock (piano/vocals) and
- Tom Nicolson (Trombone/banjo/vocals).
- John Braben (trumpet),
- Paul Williams (clarinet/tenor sax),
- Andrew Shaw (double bass) and
- Dave McCallum (drums/washboard) complete the quality line-up.
Don't miss this event!
Please read the essential details below for booking.
- Music start time is 7.45pm
- YOU WILL NEED TO BOOK FOR JAZZ. To do this please text Michele Alroe after 9th Sept and she will ring you back and confirm your booking for your group. Phone Number: 0408 282 007
- If you can please bring exact money for your entry that would be appreciated. Change will be available and the bowls club has an ATM.
Club Toowoomba are providing dinner on Jazz nights. This is a great chance to chat and relax with your friends before the music. We hope many of our patrons will support this new venture.
See the menu below. To book meal please call Club Toowoomba 4635 1960 & ask for Julia between the hours of 9am-4pm daily.
Reference – Toowoomba Jazz.
Dinner will be served between 6 and 7pm.
Cnr Elworthy & Lemnos Sts
07 4639 2338
|Entry charges - Adult||$20|
|Entry charges - Concession||$15 Members|
|Entry charges - Group||$15 for 10 or more|
|Contact phone||0408 282 007|
|Contact organisation||Toowoomba Jazz Society|
|Is food and drink available?||Yes|
|Are toilets available?||Yes|
|Is there disabled access?||Yes|